Friday, November 10, 2006

Who The Hell Wants To Live In Mississippi?

Ask most people in this country and the answer the that question would be no one. But the comments made by Rep. Charles Rangel of New York were uncalled for and proof that the childish nature of politicians does not end with elections. In a New York Times article, Rangel is quoted as saying, "Mississippi gets more than their fair share back in federal money, but who the hell wants to live in Mississippi?"
Who the Hell wants to give in New York? Does anyone really want to live in a state home to one of the largest, dirtiest, angriest cities in America? Does anyone want to live in a state that thinks Hillary Clinton is a good example of leadership? I sure don't. But what do I know, I'm from Mississippi.
Actually, I shouldn't ask those questions. New York is a place I would actually like to visit. And I can't really say much for the political minds of my home state. People in Mississippi, at least the majority, are ignorantly Conservative. There was a 100% incumbent rate in the last election. Mississippians at large are stupid in picking their leaders. Maybe Rangel was right. No one really wants to live in a state like that. In fact, Rangel was just joking about what he said.
Rangel, when asked about the comment, said, "I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. I just love New York so much that I can't understand why everyone wouldn't want to live here." Sure Chuck, I'll take your word for it. And so will everyone else. Just like they took John Kerry's word on his joke. We forgive you. I mean why should we react in a negative way to this. After all, Charles Rangel is only a no-account pathetic excuse for a politician that gives a bad name to the state of New York and the Democratic Party. What does he know?

No comments: