Saturday, August 19, 2006

A New Day

It is odd that an award winning radio show would be converted into a less than stellar weblog. But since this is becoming a popular form of communication of ideas, it makes perfect sense. I am sad that our run on the airwaves has come to an end. I will be damned if that will stop me from getting information out there.
When I first came up with the idea for the Rebel Faction, it was to be the best thing out there. I wanted it to be the voice of Truth with no spin and bias. And while I didn't totally fail in this attempt, I learned a valuable lesson. It is impossible to simply state fact without sounding bias. But it is what Rima, Nekko, and I tried to do for our three season run. And now here I am trying to continue.
The venue of the internet is an interesting one to me. Obviously, it is better for reaching more people at faster rates. However, without the voice associated with radio, the internet lacks something. It lacks the feeling that you get from actually hearing someone's voice talking directly to you. And while the internet might offer this to some extent, it will never have the feel of radio.
The Rebel Faction is first and foremost a radio show. But like all things in this world it must adapt to change. And due to a natural selection of sorts, the Rebel Faction has evolved into a new form that I am hopeful will be just as successful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adding to favorites! I'm very happy that you have found a way to continue the Rebel Faction.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you have decided to do this!

Anonymous said...

Good way to keep the show alive!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know i am more than willing to do my part to keep the revolution alive and kicking.